Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ask A Man: What About The Dishes?

Unfortunately, this week's Ask A Man segment is a little shortened due to the fact that Dr. Assberry was struck down by the flu last week. He is on the mend, however, and as soon as he removes the sporks from his eyes (old Southern flu cure, maybe?), he will be able to read all of the questions that you all have submitted.

There was one question that did stick out last week, that I felt must be addressed.

"Dear Dr. Assberry,
 
Whenever my husband does the dishes, he always leaves the pots and pan sitting on the counters or on the stove. Do pots and pans not count as dishes in a man's vocabulary? Is it too hard?
Pic submitted by reader of sink after husband had "done the dishes".
                                                                 ~Kitchen's Still Messy in Teeny, Tinyville"

I presented the question to the good doctor and was presented with a very funny joke that after much deliberation we decided was probably not on topic and not really well suited for the blog. If you would like me to e-mail you the joke, let me know and I will send it on to you (it is really funny).
"Dear Messy Kitchen,
 I don't really understand why your husband is doing the dishes at all, as I have children that are old enough to do them and it is not really an issue at my house. However, I can tell you that I largely consider pots and pans to be metal Tupperware and will place the lid on the pot and stick in the refrigerator. I don't see the point in dirtying two dishes just to store food. Good luck." 
I would like to thank Dr. Assberry for taking the time off of his deathbed to answer your question this week. If you would like to submit a question for the good doctor, please e-mail me and I will send it on to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...