Friday, February 19, 2010

New Site, New Goals

So, as I blog stalk all of my friends and aquaintances, I realized - what if people are doing the same thing to my old blog? I have not updated it since September and people could be thinking that I have fallen off of the planet. 

I will try to update here at least once a week, so that my followers can keep up with us, hopefully with pictures, although I hate my camera so much that I am not sure if that will always be possible. It's not that my camera is so bad, it is that it is so slow and my child is so fast. Sigh. Another thing to save up for. Someday, I will get myself a new camera. 

I have really been feeling the need to take care of myself lately. This sounds funny to me, and even as I type it I am struck with the guilt that comes from being a mom and a people pleaser. Take care of (gulp) ME? What does that even look like?

Here is what it looks like for me. I am going to stop drinking Mountain Dew. I know that it will hurt and am preparing myself for the pain of it all. I am going to start parking on the sixth floor of the parking deck and walking up and down all of those flights of stairs (huff, puff, huff puff). That's all I have so far, except that I am also going to carve out some Quiet Time in my day for just me. Whether it is 15 minutes or so is fine, I just need some space for me and, well God, but He is always with me, so to me that is just a given.

Other than all of that, I guess things are going okay. The Hubs has a tooth that's rotting and I am not sure how that's gonna get fixed, but I know that God will provide a way. The Supergirl is growing by leaps and bounds every single day and she is the most awesome person I have ever met, even when she is screaming her head off in the middle of a restaurant because she is bored and super tired and doesn't really want to participate in the conversation anymore. 

I'll let you all know how the Mountain Dew thing is going, hopefully, God will spare me from the torment and it will all be easier than I had thought it would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...