Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Wonders of Being a Momma







The title of this post was going to be Best.Vomit. Ever. but seeing as how I couldn't bring myself to titling anything with vomit, I decided instead to think of the wonders that come with the job title of Momma.

My child was up until 3 AM, vomiting everything, including water and pedialyte all over the place. Through 5 changes of clothes (mine and hers) and 3 showers, I kept my cool even while speaking to my mother, the doctor and my dear husband. This is a huge moment in my life.

I have a problem with vomit. A big problem. I cannot see it, hear it or smell it or I am gonna do it. Even if it is on TV and it is just acting and special effects, I am right there with them. I worried during pregnancy that I would not be able to take care of a child when they were sick because of this. 

Amazingly, my child's vomit does not stink, she is quiet and I can handle it. I hold her and rub her little back until it's all out while quietly whispering, "It's okay, it's okay." Thank God for knowing exactly what I need to be able to do my job. That's all I can really say, that even in the middle of the night, in the worst times, He is right there giving me all of the tools I need to get the job done. Thank goodness for working showers and washing machines.

She woke up happy, full of energy and ready to go this morning. I kept her home from school (party day with Dad) anyway and whispered in her ear to make sure that if she needed to be sick today, she should do it on her daddy. When she said, "No, momma, I don't want to", I giggled and said, "You should do it anyway, just to be fair". I know she won't but at least she knows how I feel.

Hopefully, tonight will be a quiet early bedtime night. I know it's unlikely, but a girl has to have hope, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...