Wednesday, December 21, 2011

This Blog Can Really Cheer A Girl Up or Tear Her Way Down

I was talking to my friend, the Fairy Queen, the other evening about things that have been happening around the old homestead. The conversation was pretty funny and I was giggling pretty hard.

Below is a small transcript of how it went down:



  • Jessica Singletary Spurlock F
    airy Queen
    • I am glad that happened to you. That is so cool. You have done so much lately and had so much going on.
  • Tuesday
    Heather Bush Momma
    • I was writing a blog post the other day about that
    • and started thinking that that sounded like I was bragging
    • like "look at me - I have so much going on. I am SOOOOO cool." so I canned it
  • Tuesday
    Jessica Singletary Spurlock Fairy Queen
    • Ha! Well I don't know about that cuz I havent read it, but I doubt it.
    • You are soooo cool. Haha 
  • Tuesday
    Heather Bush Momma
    • Z just said," Do you have allergies? You have stuff coming out of your eyes." I said, "that's tears"
    • Like I am popular or something - SOOOO cool
  • Tuesday
    Jessica Singletary Spurlock Fairy Queen
    • Haha!
    • You are popular. 
  • Heather Bush
    Momma
    • Haha! I don't think that is ever something I have thought
       about myself. Does that mean I have to start wearing different clothes and tanning? 'Cause I am not sure that we can afford that...

  • Tuesday
    Fairy Queen

    Absolutely NOT! Haha! 

  • Tuesday
    MOmma
    • And if I have to start brushing my hair before church - we will never be there on time.

  • Tuesday
    Fairy Queen
    • Heck no! I don't even shower before church half the time! Haha!

  • Tuesday
    MOmma
    • I have to because I don't shower on Saturdays.

So then I was feeling confused. If popularity has nothing to do with nice clothes, tanning, being clean and having well-kept hair - have I been coveting the wrong kind of popularity? Have I been jealous of the wrong types of girls? Could the homeless, drunk woman that apparently lives at my local Wal-Mart really be the most popular person I have ever met? And why didn't a news organization (or MTV) alert me to this earlier in my life when it could have saved me a lot of self-doubt, depression, self-hate, and aggravation for not fitting into that mold?

I thought about the words of the Fairy Queen, about her assertions of my popularity and coolness as I checked my stats on the bloggedy blog. A blog that has only been in existence for 10 months, but has had 14,000 unique page views. That is huge for a blog! Maybe I was popular! Maybe the Fairy Queen was right.

And then, I checked the search terms for the last week.


Oh, Google, why do you despise me so? The post that they were evidently linked to was this.

1 comment:

  1. Scary babies AND terrible looking old white girl? That's EXACTLY why I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...