Friday, March 2, 2012

Enough

I woke up yesterday morning, feeling considerably better about things than I have in a week. I know this may seem weird (believe me, I am kind of amazed myself) but I think I have just had enough.

I don't hate the Hubs for wanting to be happy. I don't hate him for leaving. I don't hate him for any of this. I am not angry or bitter or brokenhearted. I have had enough and now I am done.

I wish him the best, I really do. I hope that he gets the help that he needs to become a better father to our daughter. I hope that their relationship can be awesome and wonderful, because that is what she deserves. I hope that he allows her to vent her frustration and anger in this situation towards him because that's how she needs to heal.

But I am done.

I am done trying to make someone love me that never really could.

I am done trying to build a life with someone who was never going to really submit to our marriage and our life.

I am done holding my tongue and walking on eggshells to not offend sensitive egos.

I am done trying to make him just be happy, because, until he gets the help he needs he won't ever really be happy.

I am done wishing and hoping that one day I can be more important than his addictions.

This person, this man, has been my world for 18 years. He has always been the only one I have ever fantasized or dreamed of, he has always been my person. But I was never that for him, and no matter how hard I worked, no matter how hard I tried, I never could be.

For a long time, it killed me. It made me feel crazy. It made me feel like I was the one with an issue, that I was the one that had a problem.

But yesterday morning, I woke up and realized that I don't have to wait for him to love me, I don't have to try to chase after something that was already supposed to be mine, I don't have to walk on eggshells or hold my tongue, I don't have to live in the cycle of addiction anymore.

Yesterday morning, I woke up and realized I had had enough. It's a pretty good place to be right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget! appSmitten has asked me to promote their new app review service. If you sign up for their weekly newsletter, I make a dollar. We could use all the dollars we can get right now - so please, please sign up for this AWESOME service that gives you great reviews about all of the apps on the market. Thanks!

Here's my personal link (and please share with everyone you know!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...