Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ah, Springtime

Before we left out on vacation, the Hubs and I took Supergirl down to the Springtime parade downtown. This is a family tradition and the only year that we have ever missed since getting married was the one where they were predicting tornadoes (and although I usually love blustery weather, I tend to enjoy it more when not surrounded by tall buildings, glass, and staging equipment that could crush you)

As I usually do, I made her a special something to wear to the parade - this year it was the skirt that I debuted on Monday. That skirt looks fabulous in pictures, and I most likely will make more, but it takes a lot of time and patience to get it right, so it may be a while before I get the tutorial together to share with you. (Just a hint, each square is a separate piece of fabric, cut and sewn to the next. Each square measures 4 inches before sewing and 3 inches after. I woke up at 4 AM the morning of the parade to do the assembly.)

The great thing about this year's parade is that up until about 10 minutes before the parade, it was raining. That kept most of the crowds away and made for a very enjoyable parade experience. It was, quite honestly, one of the best parades I have ever been to.

Perks of this year's parade:
* There was no chance that I was gonna lose my kid.
* We were able to find our friends too!

* There was a stage with karaoke (WHAT?)
* Supergirl and I were able to get up and sing!

* Discovering that my love of Ice, Ice Baby had somehow transferred in utero to the Supergirl.
Case in point.
And due to our little impromptu karaoke performance we have been invited to participate in a city-wide talent show this Friday night at 6 PM. How stinking exciting is that?

It looks to be an okay week down here, let's hope the upswing continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...