Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jog

The Supergirl returned home from her vacation a little earlier than we expected. She just couldn't take more than 8 days away from us (although with the amount of time that she has spent in her room entertaining herself, I have a sneaking suspicion it was more about missing her stuff than really missing us).


At any rate, she is back home, where she belongs and so far I am wondering what has happened to my child. She says "please", "thank you", "excuse me" and has had an overall pleasant demeanor since returning home. She has even been going to bed without incident every night since she came back and last night? She asked me if it was bedtime yet because she was "kinda tired."

Who is this child?

I thought perhaps it has something to do with never wanting to leave us behind again. That somehow this newfound behavior is just a way to make sure that we don't ever send her away again. I suppose that could make sense. She has also been speaking in a super fake "goody-goody" voice that I have a hard time understanding because it tends to sound like a child imitating a baby voice rather than my kid.

As with all acts, I am starting to see some cracks in her performance little by little. There was a short tantrum when I tried to get her up this morning. and crying while brushing her teeth because she claimed that I was being "so mean" to her. So mean = asking her to please get dressed and get ready for school. Apparently, when she was out of town, her aunt and grandmother dressed her and put on her shoes for her. 

That doesn't fly around here.

Anyway, I am super glad to have her home and finally feel like I can breathe again with her here. Or at least I felt that way until 2:30 this morning.

Then this happened.

There is a cat draped across my neck, knees in one kidney and the flash was a tad bit bright for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...