Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Don't Miss

I don't miss the bedtime debacle.

I don't miss attempting to tame the wild locks that tumble down her back.

I don't miss the farting.

I don't miss the talk of butts and farts and poop. And vulva - always with the vulva.

I don't miss the constant reminder to put down the kitten, leave the kitten alone, and get the kitten out of there.

I don't miss the crazy silence following a trip to the bathroom. No good ever comes from silence in the bathroom.

I don't miss reminding her to put on socks and shoes in the morning.

I don't miss getting her ready for school in the morning. In fact, this morning, I felt like I had hours to prepare myself to go to work.

But I miss her.

I miss her funny, nonsensical jokes. Momma, momma, momma? What has a nose and two ears? The bunny in my butt! (I'm sorry, I just don't get it.)

I miss her snuggling up to me while I read her bedtime stories.

I miss having her around to have dinner with and talk about our day.

I miss the greeting at the door when I come home from work.

I miss her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...