Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Curious Case of the Mess in Our Home

Everyday, I pick up toys and put them where they belong. I pick up clothes and launder them and put them where they should go. I wash dishes and put them away.

And every morning, there they are waiting for me to do it all over again.

My theory is that the dirty clothes, toys and dishes are reproducing at night. They are getting together in one giant, messy orgy and leaving themselves strewn about the house like sorority girls at a frat house. It's disgusting.

To prove this fact, I give you exhibit A. Toys from kid's meals. We don't eat out very often (because we are on the edge of broke), so to discover that Z has multiples of a particular toy is proof that they are reproducing themselves.

They are watching you sleep at night while they create their army.
Exhibit B is actually in the Hubs closet where you will find two (or more) of every T-shirt that he owns. I know I didn't buy duplicates - where are they coming from?

It seems as though the more I purge, the more STUFF that occupies our home. 


It's getting scary here people.

If you notice that I have suddenly stopped posting, please send the authorities. I am sure that it will mean that I have been suffocated in an avalanche of crap.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! its annoying and frustrating. now I find myself laughing about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...