Friday, February 10, 2012

What's For Dinner?

This is me.

When I get up in the morning, I am alone. The house is quiet, dark. I move quickly from room to room, folding clothes, packing lunch, making lists in my head of what needs to be done on this particular day. Sometimes, Z will get up with me for "girl time", it makes it not quiet, not peaceful, and partially stressful.

As I am walking out of the door, I think, "What are we gonna have for dinner?"

At my desk at work, trying to focus on my assigned tasks, it keeps coming back to me, "What are we gonna have for dinner?"

After lunch, when I am trying to wrap up the day it becomes more incessant, "What are we gonna have for dinner?"

I call the Hubs. What do you want for dinner?

I dunno. 

Always. The same answer every blessed day of the week.

I ask to speak to the girl. What do you want for dinner. 

Cereal. Cookies. A lollipop.

Nope, that won't do.

What are we gonna have for dinner? 

This question is hard for multiple reasons.

The Hubs detests all vegetables. Every one. When he was at work in the evenings, dinner was a little easier because only Z and I had to like it. Now that I have to figure out what everyone would like, it is a bit lot more difficult.

In fact, the Hubs has many rules about food. He will not eat stews or casseroles, he will not even try anything that is at any point in contact with anything white or creamy. This includes gravies, cream of anything soups, alfredo sauce, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and the list goes on...

I know what we have in our pantry, fridge, freezer. I can tell you exactly what I have on hand and what I would need to stop at the store for.

And, yet...

I don't know what to make for dinner.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...