Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 - I'm Important

It's 2012. Actually, it has been for 3 days but since the first was met with much sleeping in and laundry I figured you wouldn't necessarily care. And since the second one was met with much less sleep but even more laundry - plus a crazy awesome new blog header and design - today is technically my first day back into the blogginess of life.

I have alluded to my co-dependent tendencies and my need to take care of people great and small, capable and incapable. I resolve that this year is the year that I am important too.

I am important enough to purchase gifts for.

I am important enough to take care of.

I am important enough to treat every once in a while.

I am important enough to be healthy - spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

I am important enough to allow myself to get more sleep.

I am important enough to have a quiet time each morning.

I am important enough to learn how to sew adult clothing.

I am important enough to have pride in my talents, my gifts and myself.

I am important enough to love and be loved.

I am important enough to feel and be beautiful.

I am important enough to save money for the things that I want. Even if my visions differ from the Hubs view of our family, it does not make my dreams less worthy.

Parts of me are screaming that this is not the Christian way, that this is not what a "good" girl does. I believe that if I do not start placing importance upon myself (my sanity, my being) then it is going to be impossible for me to place the right amount of importance upon others.

What are your resolutions for 2012? Do you think you will stick to them this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...