Monday, January 16, 2012

Playing Your Cards Right

Today is January 16.

Z's toys have continued to sit in the closet.

We are having such a good, productive morning. The bedroom and playroom have been cleaned and continue to stay clean more than 12 hours since I vaccuumed. Laundry is being done. I was in an exceptionally good and loving mood.

Breakfast has been had by all and we have even gone outside to play.

Upon re-entering the house, I say to the girl, "If you play your cards right, you may be able to get one of your toys out of the closet today..."

I return to the laundry duties. I hear a little voice behind me. "Momma, when will we play cards?"

I answer that we can play a game after lunch.

While I am cooking lunch, the small child says to me, "Momma, when I win the game? I get my toys back, right?"

"Huh? What game?"

"When we play cards. You said that if I win, I get my toys back."

"That's not what I said, I said if you play your cards right... Oh."

The Hubs is in the other room, laughing his head off at me, at her, at the conversation.

We played Crazy Eights. She won twice. She got one toy back. She may have enough toys in that closet to get us to another Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...