Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Don't Wanna...

Lately anything that we ask of the Supergirl is met with an adamant, "I don't wanna" complete with a stomp of the foot, a defiantly angry face, and a very nasty attitude.

And then she gets sent to her room to think about the way that she just acted.

Today, I know just what she feels like.

I don't wanna have to go to work everyday. (I am not complaining about the job. I like the job, a lot and I know just how fortunate I am to have it right now.)

I don't wanna have to be the only one to deal with the bill collectors.

I don't wanna cook dinner tonight.

I don't wanna look for a part-time job.

I don't wanna watch cartoons (or bloody murder mystery shows that are inappropriate for 4 year olds to watch and that are all the same) for the 2 minutes that I get to sit down each day.

I don't wanna be angry everytime I walk into my house.

I don't wanna have to be the one to clean her room again.

I don't wanna be the one she calls on to wipe her bottom every night at 6:35 PM (seriously, you could set a clock on this one).

I don't wanna do all of this running around, feeling like I am ducking and dodging the inevitable.

I don't wanna be the grown up by myself anymore.

When will I get put into a time out, so that I can sit by myself in peace and figure out where I (we) went wrong?

Today, today, I just don't wanna...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...