Saturday, October 29, 2011

Broke Is Not A Joke

I got a job at the beginning of this month. It is a government job.

I get paid on the last day of the month.

That means that aside from a couple of part-time paychecks and some very light Hubs checks, we have had no income this month.

I made it home from work on Friday which was a feat onto itself.

There is no gas in my gas tank.

Walking into the door, I realized that I had very little in the way of food in our house. Something that had not occurred to me until I got home.

I had two frozen chicken drumsticks, a half bag of frozen peas, a half bag of frozen corn and some egg noodles. I succeeded in making the best chicken noodle soup that we have ever tasted. The kid is still raving about that dinner.

Amazing. I am so glad that I did not ruin it. There wasn't really any other options.

This morning, I woke up and realized that we had nothing left in the way of breakfast. No cereal, no oatmeal, no eggs, no margarine.

Z and I whipped together some chocolate chip muffins concocted with a half bag of chocolate chips that I had tucked away in the back of the pantry.

There seems to be a theme with half used items in our home. Thank God.

I also learned that I could substitute an egg with 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup and a third cup of oil. In case you every need that tidbit.

We will make it through this weekend.

We most definitely will not starve.

I can't wait until pay day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...