Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Lot Can Change In A Week

When I posted last Friday, I was still unemployed, although I knew that I would soon be starting a new job.

On Monday, I woke up, dressed professionally, applied makeup, filled water bottles and packed my lunch. I wore heels.

And I hit the ground running.

I have spent everyday this week doing the same thing.

I have a job now, I work with (mostly) adults. I have pleasant surface level conversations about my life, my family, the job. I have an office with a door and I am encouraged to pee in private.


I take lunches. I was treated out to lunch this week by some fabulous ladies from church.

Between last Friday and this Friday, I have learned that I am not as young as I used to be. I love caffeine far more than I realized I did (but after the withdrawals stopped, I started feeling pretty good). I can function on 3 hours of sleep a night (it is hard working an 8 hour day, spending time with my kid until fall asleep and then doing another 5-6 hours of work for my part-time job - but I will not complain, right now I am so blessed). I am really as good as I proclaimed myself to be at interview after interview (they are amazed at the ease I have had in picking up their procedures and systems).

I have shed the funk that I have carried for the last month. Maybe that's the makeup talking. Or the daily showers, because those are pretty freakin' awesome.

I have started walking during my breaks.

I plan on losing some weight.

I have goals.

If so much can change since last Friday - imagine what could happen by the end of the month, the end of the quarter, the end of the year.

I am excited, invigorated.

I can't wait to see what is in store for me.

1 comment:

  1. OH you're so lucky to be able to pee in private! *envy* ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...