Friday, June 15, 2012

At Least My Feet Are Young

There are days that you feel young. Days that your adorable child informs you that you are a teenager, even though you insist that you are most sincerely not.

And then there are days where your undeniably old. Like rickety and rusty and creaky and things crack when you move them. Things that are NOT supposed to crack.

Last night, the Supergirl and I had a rare "Girls Night". The Hubs had to close the restaurant (OOOH! Did I remember to let y'all know that he got a JOB? I don't think I have shared that good fortune. Thank you to everyone that has been praying for him to find the right job. he is now in the land of the employed once again, and although there has been a lot of confusion - it's a brand new restaurant and there are still A LOT of kinks to be worked out - he seems to really enjoy it) so she and I got to paint our nails and toenails, she did my makeup (something that she begs to do often that I rarely allow to happen), watched girly movies (Freaky Friday, anyone?) and ate food that the Hubs does not like (re: vegetables).

It's not that I don't trust her to get the makeup ON, it's just the combinations that she uses that gives me pause. 
It was a good night and we were settling in to snuggle on the couch. The Supergirl looked at my toes and then looked up at me, "How can you have such YOUNG feet when you are so, so, SO old?"

I don't know. I really just don't know.


By the way, anytime you click on one of these Amazon links and make a purchase, I earn a commission. Shop through my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...