Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Camping

I am not a big fan of camping.

Well - actually, I have never been camping, but I really don't think I would like it. It's not that I am a girly-girl that can't deal, but the idea of hiking long distances, sleeping outdoors, on the ground, around the critters and bugs and slimy, slithery things is not my idea of a vacation - or a good time.

Z is rabid to sleep in a tent, begs us to buy sleeping bags, coolers, lanterns, flashlights, and wind up radios.

Tonight,  I am going to surprise her with a new adventure. I have stocked the cooler with drinks and snacks. I have set up her princess tent and two sleeping bags in her playroom. I have hung cut out stars from the ceiling. I have strategically placed bears, bunnies, tigers and lions into every nook and cranny in her space. I have put batteries in every flashlight we own.

Tonight, we will camp.

On a Wednesday.

And, although she will most likely cry and tell me that this is not really camping, it will be a memory that she carries past this Wednesday night. I hope that it's a good one.


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite memories as a kid was camping with all the neighborhood kids in the front yard. I bet she loved her experience!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...