Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Non-Date

Tonight, -  instead of cooking, instead of doing more laundry, instead of staying home - I took my family out on a date.

When they arrived home from school, I hopped in the car. "Hey guys, wanna go on a date?', I asked excitedly.

Z's eyes glowed with surprise and astonishment. "Yeah, let's go!"

We stopped for dinner (a rare treat these days) and discussed my interview, Z's school day and the fact that the Hubs got to take the day off paid.

After dinner, we headed over to the cheap movie theater to see Rango (very cute, by the way). Z does so well at the movies, I am really not sure why we don't do it more often. 

As we left the theater, I asked Z what she thought of our date and she began to cry. "Momma, this was not  a date. A real date has music and dancing." 


By the time that we got to the car it was a full blown tantrum, she was so disappointed by our non-date that she cried the entire way home.

I guess next time, I will have to figure out how to take her out dancing on a Tuesday night.

Or maybe we will just stay home.

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...