Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Break from the Norm

I voted today.

I went to work. I went to meetings. I ate lunch. I did some research. I wrote some e-mails and made a few phone calls.

Tonight, I will make dinner, put my baby to bed, kiss my husband, and go to sleep.

I did not vote for a savior, I already have one. I am not relying on one man to fix all that is wrong with our country.

No matter who wins the election, I will still have to work two jobs to make ends meet. No matter who wins the election, I will still have to put food on my table and a roof over our heads. No matter who wins the election, they will still only be a man. A man in a position of great power, but still just a man.

No matter who wins the election, I will still have bills that need to be paid, there will still be children starving in the United States, there will still be people in New York and New Jersey without a home. No matter who wins the election, there will still be fathers (and mothers) that run out on their babies, there will be still be drug addicts living on the streets instead of getting treatment.

No matter who wins the election, this is our country. We can no longer afford to rely on any one man in a position of great power to lead us or save us. We have to be willing to help ourselves and our neighbors out of this mess.

I will pray for my country, all of them, even the ones that voted against my candidate tonight. I will pray for peace and unity.

I still don't think it is too much to hope for.

“The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”~ Mark 12:29-31

P.S. Don't think that I have forgotten to add the three things I am thankful for today - those are still coming. I just wanted to give my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...