Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Thankful Month Project - Day 6

I thought that this project would get more and more difficult, but here I am on Day 6 feeling far more blessed than I have ever believed I deserved. Also, a bit stuffier than I want to be, but when your cup runneth over, perhaps your sinuses should as well. I will take the good and the bad for today, I reckon.

As I have said, I am making a list of 3 things that I am thankful for each day in the month of November. Here is today's list (which may include more than 3, I didn't do as well in math as you may have thought):

1. I am thankful that I have the right to vote. I am thankful that even though I have a uterus, I can speak and have my voice and my opinion matter. I am thankful that I live in a country that allows the free expression of ideas and ensures the right of democracy.
1.b. I am also extremely grateful that this election is over. Living in a swing state and listening to all of the BS on our airwaves and Facebook feeds nauseates me and I am so, so thankful that it is done.

2. I am thankful for sleeping babies. I love her, God, I love her so much, but man , some nights? Some nights bedtime cannot come fast enough. 

3. Warm, purring, sleeping, fluffy kitties asleep by my side while I type this. I just want to snuggle in next to him and sleep the whole night away. Maybe I will. 
A Quick Note: I know that some of you are upset tonight. I know that some of you are angry. I am sorry that you feel this way. Even though things did not go the way that you expected, remember that you are still very blessed to live in the United States. Find your blessings, live thankful and be grateful.

What 3 things are you most thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...