Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Thankful Month Project - Day 14

Man, we have almost made it to the halfway point of this mad adventure. Why is this month moving so scary, crazy fast?

My child will be 5 in 32 days. I am so ready for it in many ways and dreading it in others. I am not going to dwell on all of that right now though. We have a list of 3 things to be thankful for today and we are gonna get down to the nitty-gritty of that right now.

1. I am thankful for the other 27 teeth in my head. The ones that are not hurting right now. In fact, I am appreciative of everyday that I have never had a toothache until now and will be eternally grateful once this ends. Because this? This is pretty stinking awful.

P.S. I am sorry to every person who has ever had a toothache around me that I have rolled my eyes at or got exasperated with. If this was the pain that you were in, I am amazed by you and, again, very sorry. 

2. I am thankful for the promise of all of the fun things that we have coming up on the calendar. Woo-hoo for Christmas in Florida (the only time of the year when anybody has any energy to do anything because it is not a thousand degrees of humidity outside!).

3. I am thankful to my grandmother for passing down that creative gene, you have helped spawn a generation of women that love to craft and design and I see all of those talents shining through in the kid that lives in what used to be my baby's bedroom.

Seriously, where is my baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...