Monday, November 12, 2012

The Thankful Month Project - Day 12

Let me tell you, there are many things to be thankful for on the 12th day of November, but the best, by far, is waking up knowing that it is 2 hours past your normal wake-up time, you have nowhere to be, that the little girl snuggled in next to you will stay snuggled up as long as you don't go ruining it by moving or making noise.

And then you realize you have to pee.

And that moment is over.

So, here are the things that I am most thankful for today:

1. Veterans (obviously), but closer to home, I am thankful for my daddy and my brother for putting their lives at risk for my family's security and safety. My dad never got a Veteran's Day off from work either, so that's kind of big deal for me.

My brother during his deployment to Iraq.
He got to come home when our father was dying - this was the first time that he saw the Supergirl. 
2. Snuggling. I am very thankful for snuggle time when I can get it.

3. Not working either job, all day, and not doing anything except playing with my kid, watching cartoons and movies, and eating popcorn and ice cream instead of real food. Kind of AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...